"Molding the Future of Metal Industries"
The Metals Industry Research and Development Center (MIRDC) provides both the government and the private sector in the metals and engineering industry with professional management and technical expertise on training of engineers and technicians, information exchange, trade accreditation services, quality control and testing of metal products, research and development, and business economics advisory services.
"Center of excellence in science, technology and innovation for globally competitive metals, engineering & allied industries by 2025."
“To provide both government and private sectors in the metals, engineering, and allied industries with professional management and technical expertise on the training of engineers & technicians; information exchange; quality control & testing; research & development; technology transfer; and business economics advisory services.”
The set of Core Values, easily referred to as PRIDE, is defined as follows:
- We adhere to the highest ethical standards of performance
- We value our work and committed to perform to the best of our ability
- We spearhead implementation of projects that address the needs of the metals and engineering industry
- We find solutions to real-life problems through science, technology and innovation
- We act responsibly, work honestly, and encourage transparency
- We perform our jobs with vigor and enthusiasm
- We welcome change as an opportunity for growth and continual improvement
- We adhere to world-class performance and continuous improvement in all we do
- We always do our best in every task/endeavour