"Molding the Future of Metal Industries"
- The Dewatering Machine has the capability to remove water from the stems at the rate of 8 kg of water per hour.
- The Shredding Machine reduces large stems into bits with sizes ranging from 1-5 mm at a rate of 24.5 kg/hr.
- The Briquetting Machine employs 700 rpm and a speed of 100 m/hr to compress 219 kg of shredded water hyacinth per hour.
- The biomass produced has an average diameter of 5 cm with a 25 cm-diameter central hole, a feature which increases efficiency of combustion.
- Research shows that water hyacinth is a good source of biomass. These equipment enable to the industry to produce briquettes made from water hyacinth. Gaining popularity as materials for fuel-making, water hyacinth converted into biomass approaches the heating value of wood.
Target Sector: Energy
Project Leader: Engr. Francis C. Dime
Asst. Project Leader: Engr. Joein L. Luces